Card Making Contest

mainstreet

Card Making Contest

Post  mainstreet on Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:11 pm

Alright, I'm starting a Card Making contest here to see how well people can get creative with the Yu-gi-oh! game engine.

There are going to be two divisions in this contest: a single card contest and an archetype/series contest.

In the single card contest, you will make one card. You will be judged on four concepts: spelling/grammar, realism, artwork, and power level.

In the archetype/series contest, you will make 6-12 cards that will share a common theme. You will be judged on five concepts: spelling/grammar, realism, artwork, commonality of theme, and power level of theme.

Definitions of concepts (for more detail):

Spelling/Grammar: This includes not only English conventions, but also the conventions in Yu-gi-oh. (Example: The phrase "Special Summon" is always capital and you will lose points if I see a lowercase "special summon".)
    Realism: Please, no god cards. Also, no cards that are an obvious copy of something else. Lastly, the Yu-Gi-Oh engine is fine without you adding another complete game mechanic. There may be a contest in the future in which we will look into game mechanics, this is not it.
    Artwork: I am not going to be judging on artistic ability, per se -- this is more of a category to avoid getting yourself disqualified in. You can use pictures or artwork from anyone as long as you have permission (some pictures are Open Source), but if any of the Forumeta staff gets a complaint, we're pulling the plug on the entry. Please use your brain.
    Commonality of Theme:In the "archetype/series" contest, I am not looking for 12 cards that have nothing to do with each other. Make them work with each other somehow.
    Power Level:Are the cards playable? And, just as important, are the cards so overpowered as to be nearly unstoppable? If you think a card might be overpowered, consider putting in an additional cost. This is especially important with archetypes, as even the Konami staff has trouble with this *coughBlackwingscough*.

For help getting the backgrounds, etc. consider using the Yugioh Card Maker: http://www.yugiohcardmaker.net/

I need 5 entries minimum before I will start accepting cards for submission. Either category. Signups below. Happy creating!
    mainstreet

Re: Card Making Contest

Post  mainstreet on Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:12 pm

Signups:

1. ThePurpleOne
    2. YOU

Last edited by mainstreet on Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
    purple0ne

Post  purple0ne on Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:27 pm

Count me in. My ycm is full of cards!
    mainstreet

Post  mainstreet on Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:48 pm

Awesome. First one in. Smile

Just so people get an idea of what I'm looking for... this is a bit OP, but here's a trap I made.

Idea behind this card is that I'm sick of Honest and Kalut. The image there is just an inverted-color Honest. Which is on Wikia, so nyah.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 25, 2017 10:12 am