Neo Academy Open: New Year, New Students, Failing Already!?

gearfist0

Re: Neo Academy Open: New Year, New Students, Failing Already!?

Post  gearfist0 on Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:50 pm

Mashiro with a bored expression on his face came back from the cafeteria after eating. He was feeling lazy since there wasn't a lot of time between getting to the Duel Academy Island and staying in the school. As he was walking around, he caught a glimpse of the end of Thorn's duel. The attack left by the 2 monsters seemed to have a realistic effect on the duel robot. Mashiro thought it looked interesting so he went to check it out. With a closer look, it revealed that the hits by the monster holograms indeed left a real mark on the robot. He felt shocked but not necessarily surprised. This was the first instance he ever saw the effect of a Psychic Duel and didn't believe that the pain inflicted would be true pain. That is, until now that he has seen the effect for himself. He did noticed that psychic duelists were in the news recently, but he didn't notice them. Putting that aside, he continued to look for something interesting to do. "Attention duelists," said the announcer, "the plane to Duel Academy will arrive by 6:00 p.m. But in the mean time, please enjoy yourselves to what the academy has to offer." Still keeping the same bored expression, he left the room, looking for something else to keep his interest.
    SilverX

Post  SilverX on Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:10 pm

<hmm...everyone here's all about dueling...>

he noticed Alex walk up to him "Oh hey, nice duel. and they just announced a while back that it'll be about 6-sih hours before a plane will get here to pick us up. So I suppose that we shall have to wait here for the time being."
    <maybe THAT deck might work here...>
    "anyways, you need help with luggage or anything?" to tell the truth, Vern really didn't know what to ask so..."if you do, the price would be my duel disk" <haha...wat a lame joke>
    Tantara
    Administrator

Post  Tantara on Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:01 pm

Yes... QUITE the social butterfly, Alex thought at lame joke. "Yuck, I hate waiting. And yeah, I do need help with my stuff. It's around the corner in an office". Alex handed the highly polished duel disk back to Vern.

"You sure that you want to help me with my stuff? It might a few rounds of carrying; I have a lot of stuff"
    SilverX

Post  SilverX on Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:36 pm

Vern gladly accepted the disk back "oh, thanks"
    <i think we're getting along...>
    He put it back onto his left arm, and put his deck in it. taking out a cloth, carefully rubbed the the amber sphere, until he no longer saw any dust and grit on it that was left over from the duel. the sphere seemed to glow. <ooh..>
    "oh, er, yeah, i suppose i can lend a hand...i've plenty of time, as you can see"

[[[hey guys, u DO know that watever's in the " < > " is my char's thoughts, yeah?]]]]
    Tantara
    Administrator

Post  Tantara on Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:28 pm

Someone likes things clean... thought Alex as he watched his new friend meticulously polish his duel disk. "Follow me then; my stuff's this way", Alex marched off, pausing before the door to ensure that Vern was following.

Over the next 45 minutes, Vern and Alex managed to drag six massive suitcases to the arena stands. "Phew, sorry I made you work through that." It's cool of him to have helped me, now to sit and wait for the next five hours... "Do we learn which dorm we're in when we get to the island? Or do they tell us before that?"

Noticing how everyone around him had their duel disks on, Alex started to rummage through one of the suitcases. Grabbing and opening a sleek, chrome case, Alex pulled out his black duel disk, with a sapphire sphere and being elegantly curved, his duel disk was of extremely high quality. Admiring the quality of the disk for a second, Alex placed his duel disk on his arm and inserted his deck. Yes... This is one of the better results of living with my dad.

[[[The italicized is my char's thoughts]]]
    SilverX

oh my. BUMP

Post  SilverX on Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:42 am

Vern noticed Alex staring at him while he was polishing his duel disk. "this disk is kinda special to me" he explained, stowing his duel disk back into this suitcase.

Vern went to go help Alex lugging load after endless load of monstrously heavy bags...despite their size and stately stature. <augh...what does this kid have in here?! it's like he's moving his whole room...cement and all!!> but after a long, arduous, back-breaking, muscle tearing, mind exploding 45 min. of walking back and forth, they managed to get all the bags to the exam room, where Vern's stuff was meagerly huddled together.

he went over to his seat and slumped down, exhausted from the...stroll. Vern stared ridiculously at all the luggage that he and Alex just lugged all the way over to here. It was simply absurd. <probably the only physical ed-like stuff i'll ever get here> he mused to himself, watching Alex slip on his own duel disk. "nice disk." he commented, nodding at it.
    <never seen that design before...is it one of those new customized ones, or does the guy know some great mechanic?>
    Pokefan362

Post  Pokefan362 on Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:27 pm

After about an hour of touring the seemingly deserted island, Gale decided it was time to head back to the Duel Arena. There was really nothing interesting to see here. And fortunately, the duel arena was large enough for him to see even from a long distance away. He quickly found his way back and decided to pass the time by sitting in a corner pulling out his laptop. "I wonder if there is any Internet access here," Gale thought as his computer turned on. Although he scanned for a wireless access point, none was found. He sighed. Until that chopper arrived, this was going to be a boring day.
    Tantara
    Administrator

Post  Tantara on Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:00 pm

"Thanks, Vern. I love my disk", Alexander Tenshi responded, running a hand along the sleek, black card-slots. He noticed Vern eyeing the luggage that they had just dragged and sweat over for the last 45 minutes. Alex laughed "The disk is actually a....reward....incentive...."

Alex grasped for the word, "...payment for making me take all of this luggage, only two of these are actually mine". Alex pointed to 2 blue suitcases, "My dad gave me this disk in exchange for dealing with the other four".

Alex pointed to the other 4 cases which were chrome and boxy. Each box had a keypad on the top and an extension cords were rolled up in small crevises. "I'm supposed to give two of them to some teacher, can't remember the name. The other three I'm supposed to plug into outlets all around the island." One gets plugged into an outlet by the duel arena and one goes in my dorm."
    Blackwingggys
    Administrator

Post  Blackwingggys on Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:09 pm

As the duel discs started i knew that in the wind this would be a great duel. As i drew My hand It was a great hand all i knew was that my draw card made it great. I knew what i was going to do i summoned Blackwing-Shura the Blue Flame! and Becuase of it's effect i could Special summon Blackwing - Bora the Spear and ill Set 1 and end my turn! but as i ended a big Blast of Fire shot out and missed me and my dorm by mere inches and as i wanted to go check out want had just happened Asura came in and told me that once a duel has started you must continue it so we did

Last edited by Blackwingggys on Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
    DemonGodAsura

Post  DemonGodAsura on Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:40 pm

(Continued from earlier post)
    It was an unexpected challenge, but I accepted none the less. Confidence flowed through my body, and I was ready to unleash my deck on my opponent. My gaze fixed upon his eyes, nothing would interrupt our duel. Though, the sudden flare of orange followed by an explosive emission of light nearly broke my focus. "Continue on, nothing stops a duel once it has begun." I commanded.

Curiosity began clutching at my mind as I wanted to know where the blazing sight came from, and more importantly, what made it. But victory was all that I sought, looking to turn this new challenger into my enemy; my victim. I would show him no mercy, and neither would my cards. I could see clearly that defeat was hanging on him like a ghost; a blind covering a window.

"I'll draw" I said, pulling the top card from my deck. I looked the card over, then returned to my hand to figure what my move would be. He would surely lose with the hand I had been given, dealt to me by the god of victory. I set one monster and ended my turn; "Your move".

There was no escape for him now that we had begun and our lifepoints became the object of malice. Each seeking to vanquish the other, though I don't know why he could have chosen to challenge me. Was it because of my dorm? Perhaps, or maybe it was something else. Overconfidence? Jealousy? Respect?
    SilverX

Post  SilverX on Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:58 am

Vern nodded.
    <hmm...4 chrome boxes...2 to a teacher...3 to the island...apparently 1 materialized from limbo and also disappeared there...>

<interesting relationship with this dad he has...the disk looks quite expensive, to say the least>

Vern looked around the room. There weren't many people around, save Alex and himself. There really wasn't much to do, so he reached into his messenger bag and extracted a sleek...metallic....sheet. This sheet apparently had a button on its front center, which Vern pressed. A line visibly split the sheet into two sheets of identical shape, but smaller volume, and then one side opened up, revealing a keyboard, touchpad, and screen. Vern pressed the power button, and the screen came to life, revealing a light green screen, with a pop up prompting the user to enter a password. With a flick of his hands, he quickly typed in a 10 letter password, and pressed enter. He was then shown a desktop with a Treeborn Frog picture in the center, along with two icons on the lower right side, and a taskbar on the top, which automatically hid itself when the cursor wasn't near it. Vern then proceeded to check for any internet connection, and after an arduous few minutes of not-so-neckbreaking search, he managed to find a very faint connection. He connected, and immediately launched his web browser. He went to a website which posted daily information about Duel Monsters and new releases.
    <hmm....looks like nothing for aliens...perhaps reptiles? nothing really usable...maybe...THAT archtype?>
    ProtoMachineLord

Post  ProtoMachineLord on Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:32 am

After seeing the expression on his face, Will burst out laughing and quickly looked to see if they had spotted him and slowly strode back into the exams room. There he saw a boy using a odd type of computer. He walked behind him and looked on the information, "Man, nothing for Volcanics here I see, or Flamvells? No nothing about them either, hmm maybe I should try to make a new deck? Maybe after we get to island I'll see what they have there. He then said to the boy using it "Hey thanks for the info, now I'll just be going now." He decided to go back outside to see how those two guys were doing, it then came to him that they were the two people who had been able to advance to the Armor Master and Red Dragon dorms. It seemed the two were dueling now. The feisty looking one had played Blackwing : Shura the Flame and Bora the Spear. Will groaned, not another of the cursed Blackwing archtype, how predictable, how quaint, how disrespectful. He toke a glance at the other ones field, he had merely one monster set, "At least that one has a sense of originality." he thought with a small sigh and continued to watch the duel.
    Blackwingggys
    Administrator

Post  Blackwingggys on Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:18 pm

After drawing my card i knew what was about to happen. The wind in my hair made the duel worth wild I knew I could win.But now it was going to be fun I Summoned Blackwing - Elfen the Raven! and as its effect activated the monster Asura has set was in face up attack.... Just then, he used The Herald of Orange Light and The Herald of Purple to destroy my Elphin and negate its effect. but I possibly can get game so all I did was attack his monster with Bora, the Herald of Green Light, making him lose 1200 Life Points and then I will attack him with my Shura for 1800 life points. I ended my turn with him at 1000 Life Points.
    Tantara
    Administrator

Post  Tantara on Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:57 pm

Both Alex and Vern glanced around at the same time; there was almost no one inside the arena. Vern pulled out one of the nicest laptops he'd ever seen, nicer even then his own. Glancing at the screen, he saw Vern open a Duel Monster News website. "Sweet computer, Vern".

Hearing a BOOM and a cackle, Alex glanced up as the door opened, a smug, mischeivous looking guy entered and walked towards them. The newcomer stood behind Vern for a few seconds, staring at the laptop screen. Alex raised his eyebrow, No courtesy at all, he didn't even say hello. The kid thanked Vern for allowing him to watch as he left, Maybe a little courtesy after all...

As the newcomer opened the door to leave, fiery light coming filled the arena. The silouettes of duelists were dueling each other, the bright light turning the duelists into shadowy spectres.

The brimstone illumination came a growing inferno. Alex gaped as the fire grew stronger, causing the silouettes of the two duelists and the newcommer dance. The duelists ignored the firestorm growing behind them, dueling on. Alex jumped up, seeing a tendril of flame dart past one of the silouettes' face; the fire was coming closer.

Vern looked around the room. There weren't many people around, save Alex and himself. There really wasn't much to do, so he reached into his messenger bag and extracted a sleek...metallic....sheet. This sheet apparently had a button on its front center, which Vern pressed. A line visibly split the sheet into two sheets of identical shape, but smaller volume, and then one side opened up, revealing a keyboard, touchpad, and screen. Vern pressed the power button, and the screen came to life, revealing a light green screen, with a pop up prompting the user to enter a password. With a flick of his hands, he quickly typed in a 10 letter password, and pressed enter. He was then shown a desktop with a Treeborn Frog picture in the center, along with two icons on the lower right side, and a taskbar on the top, which automatically hid itself when the cursor wasn't near it. Vern then proceeded to check for any internet connection, and after an arduous few minutes of not-so-neckbreaking search, he managed to find a very faint connection. He connected, and immediately launched his web browser. He went to a website which posted daily information about Duel Monsters and new releases.
    <hmm....looks like nothing for aliens...perhaps reptiles? nothing really usable...maybe...THAT archtype?>
    DemonGodAsura

Post  DemonGodAsura on Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:17 pm

(Continued from earlier post)
    "My move" I exclaimed.
    I pulled the top card of deck again, noticing I had drawn all I needed. He had no idea what was about to hit him, though, who could blame him. Four cards in my hand, four cards to victory. Defeat just before me, and I could feel the ghost of loss around us.

"I summon Mist Archfiend (Lv 5, Dark/Fiend, 2400 ATK, 0 DEF) in attack mode. Now, I activate Lightning Vortex, and I'll discard Giant Orc, so that I can wipe your field clean. Next, I equip my monster with Mask of Brutality (Increase the ATK of a monster equipped with this card by 1000 points and decrease its DEF by 1000 points. Pay 1000 Life Points during each of your Standby Phases. If you do not, destroy this card.)"

"And now for the final move. Mist Archfiend (3400 ATK/ 0 DEF), direct attack!" I grinned monstrously, with a sadistic feel. My opponent's lifepoints dropping to a mere 600. I was so close. It would be only another turn, then I could declare my victory.

"I knew you would lose. There is nothing you can do. I'll end this next turn." No matter what he summoned, it wouldn't be enough. I would destroy him next turn.

"I end my turn." Just then, my monster was destroyed, and with it, it took my last 1000 lifepoints. Stunned, disgusted, shocked. I didn't know what happened. I was one move from victory, but somehow my points diminished. I could do nothing but watch in agony as my duel disk counted down the numbers until it read zero.

"WHAT!? What happened? Where is my monster!? Why did I lose!?" And then, in an instant that never seemed to exist before, I felt calm. The arms of loss enveloped me, held me tight, and I was comfortable. There is victory and there is loss, and this time, I was on the receiving end of the loss. "Oh well, that's my twelfth loss today." Raven had won. I was willing to give him the victory.

"Let's go, my friend" I said to the air, completely ignoring the existence of Hogan. I turned and began walking away, knowing that this was only the beginning, and the end was nowhere in sight.
    ProtoMachineLord

Post  ProtoMachineLord on Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:00 pm

Will was depressed at the outcome. Of course the stereotypical archtype had to win, very angry and annoyed. Heard a excited voice yell: "All students please report to the back, the helicopter has arrived. For more details please ask the nearest instructor". Will then slowly walked over to the back of the academy, where he would be able to change his decktype and start his school life. He then showed his ID to the man piloting the helicopter "Alright Mr. Bukashi, just go to your seat on 2/3". Will walked over to his seat, to his surprise there wasn't any other students on board yet. He just pulled out his cards and decided to start editing his cards, then he got bored and decided to use a bit more of his psychic power. Pulling a card of his collection he said " I activate the spell card, Salamandra" as he spoke the words a firey sword appeared in his hands. He carelessly fiddled with it and decided to wait for others.
    SilverX

Post  SilverX on Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:26 pm

[lol thx reposting my post...? xD]]

"thanks...it took me a while to get enough money for this. had a friend revamp it, too."
    Vern continued checking the website, clicking on a link that led him to the New Card Releases section, ignoring whoever was behind him.
    <hmm....a new dragon card...? doesn't seem to be a blackwing....but the name is kinda close...>

oblivious to the sudden change in temperature of the room, Vern turned off his laptop, the screen shutting by itself, and slowly turned back into the metallic sheet that it was before. It was not until he stood up to put his laptop away that he noticed a bright light in front of him, which then dissipated. Vern didn't flinch, as his usual aloofness dulled his reaction ability. He simply blinked a couple times, then shook his head. <psycho duelist...??>

"anyways," Vern said, turning to Alex "our ride's here, apparently." Vern picked up his bags, slinging the messenger bag across his shoulder, and picking up the other one by the handle.

<oh...Alex's stuff...>

Vern looked around, and to his surprise, found a luggage cart. [heck yes. POWER PLAY!] "Hey look, Alex, there seems to be a place where he can easily get the stuff to the helicopter...let's just hope the stuff won't weigh everything done.."

<...haha...>
    Tantara
    Administrator

Post  Tantara on Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:30 pm

[[Lol, Proto. Tried to bring back your fire. It didn't work XP]]

Alex grinned, what were the odds of a LUGGAGE CART being in a duel arena? "That... is what I call luck." Quickly loading the suitcases onto the cart, Alex started to lead Vern out of the Arena. Noticing his questioning look, Alex said, "I came from the heleport, I know the way back."

Hoping that Vern wouldn't ask too many questions about his arrival by helecopter, Alex quickly navigated through the campus until they reached the helepad. "Mr. Pilot Guy!" Alex yelled, "where do I put my luggage?". Though Alex couldn't hear it over the spinning rotors, he could see the pilot groan when he saw the vast ammount of luggage.

"ID, please!", the pilot yelled over the noise

"Uh, sure", yelled Alex back. Bending down into one of the blue suitcases, Alex pulled out a small, white card. "Here!" Verifying the ID, the pilot looked at Vern.

"Your ID, now!"
    gearfist0

Post  gearfist0 on Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:57 pm

Wondering why a group of people were huddling around the stairway to the rooftops, Mashiro decided to sprint up the stairs to see what was going on. When he finally did reach the top, he saw helicopters around the rooftop area, around ten on the roof and what appeared to be six more helicopters coming. He came across a person, who said, "To board the helicopter, you must present your I.D." After a quick struggle with his backpack, he found his I.D. and presented it to the same person. "Identification approved," said the person. "You may take a seat on the sixth helicopter heading for duel academy island." "Thank you," said Mashiro as he quickly headed to the helicopter. After getting in, he took a quick look at his deck to count for any missing cards. After finishing and noticing that the helicopter was somewhat empty save for him and a couple others, he decided to check the cards he brought with him to see if he could construct a new deck before they landed on the Duel Academy Island.
    "So... let's see what I can make this time around..." Mashiro said quietly as he started constructing his new deck for the academy he was eventually bound to arrive at.
    SilverX

Post  SilverX on Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:12 pm

so Vern followed Alex up the stairs and up to the heli-pads, like some unknown being commanded him to. [: p]
    He raised an eyebrow when one of the pilots barked out for an ID
    <...does that mean...I've passed?...hmm, no welcome or congratulations, eh?...this might not be as easy as i thought it would be...>
    Vern reached into his back pocket, extracted his wallet, and found his ID, among a few bills and cards.
    "here" he said, flashing his ID. The pilot grunted, then proceeded to load the almost insurmountable luggage onto the helicopter. when the pilot came for his bags, Vern shook his head. "I'll be carrying these with me in person" he replied. The pilot nodded, then climbed into the pilots seat, motioning for Alex and Vern to get on. Vern promptly did, and put on his seatbelt. He turned to Alex "come on, let's get going."

<...maybe...>
    Blackwingggys
    Administrator

Post  Blackwingggys on Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:12 pm

As i hear Asura Say that he had lost i was stunned becuase i could have won anyway because my next draw was Blackwing - Blizzard the Far north and i could get a shura from my grave and hit him with my kalut in hant for game. But i knew i didn't have to i had won the blood pumping through my arms was stunning. I had Beat a duelist of a higher dorm than I and to see that he had made a mistake like that truly made it worth wild
    Tantara
    Administrator

Post  Tantara on Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:37 pm

[[Sorry, Silver. Just trying to keep things moving quickly XP]]

Alex grimly watched the pilot struggle to load the overwhelming suitcases onto the plane. Fealing guilty, Alex started to climb into the helicopter, only to be stopped by an official-sounding voice.

"Alexander Tenshi, I have a package from your father for you." A bald man in an old-fashioned suit gave him a small parcel. "This is part of the welfare package that your father is required to give you. He also wishes to inform you that he is waiting for you to set one toe out of line."

Alex glared at the baldy, still taking the package. Turning around, Alex climbed into the helicopter next to Vern. Pocketing the package, Alex glanced around. Besides the duelist who had looked at Vern's laptop, no one else was there.

"How long d'you think the flight is? And when do we find out which dorm we're in?" Alex asked Vern.
    SilverX

Post  SilverX on Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:12 pm

<...a butler...? it would explain quite a lot..>
    Vern looked questioningly at the package, but decided not to ask him about it
    <don't want to seem too nosy...we did just meet, after all...>
    "err...I really don't know how long this trip will take" Vern replied with a puzzled look on his face. "Not too well-versed with the geography here..."
    <...if i ever WAS good with geography in general...>
    The helicopter slowly lifted itself up, then soared through the air. Vern looked out the window with amazement at just how vast Neo Domino City was. It was during the evening, and all the city lights and signs were turned on, revealing a mind-blowing sprawl of vast....epic lighting. That was all. Vern actually hoped to get onto the island as soon as possible.

<...hmm...>
    purple0ne

Post  purple0ne on Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:40 pm

As he packed the last of his final suitcase, Max thought to himself, "Wow! I can't believe that I, Maximus Octavius Caesar, will be attending Duel Academia! Maybe someday I'll be the newest name on the list of greats." He turned to his butler, Kyoji. "Ah- just picture it Kyoji! Jaden Yuki, Zane Trusdale, Alexis Rhodes, Chazz Princeton, Max Caesar!"
    "That would be something, Master Maximus. Will you be needing anything else before your departure?" Kyoji asked in his British accent. "Just one thing," Max replied. "Remember that card that Dad said to hold onto for me until I leave for the Academy?"
    "But of course! Who could forget Master Sayer's final words before hopping aboard the Arcadia-copter to New Domino City? 'Kyoji- you've been more than a butler to me. You've been a friend. You helped me get this movement started. I know you wanted to help me with it, but I have a new job for you that will make sure that Arcadia survives. I need you to help Max's mother watch over him. And also, when he leaves for Duel Academia, give him this card.'" Kyoji recited.
    With that, Kyoji handed Max a card. It was the monster, Master Gig. "Wow! A Master Gig card! Is that why you would never let me buy it at Dr. Mutou's store?"
    "Indeed. I knew that your father would want you to have this one."

With that, Max's mother came in. She was a famous fashion designer, Angela Caesar. She was the co-founder of "Caesar|Symatia", the most successful clothing line in Europe. After asking if he was ready to go, the three of them left the room and stepped outside.

Max strapped on his DuelDisk, he realized that life would be different in the island. He would not have Kyoji to watch over him on a daily basis. He would need to buy cards with his own money, and not that of his millionaire family.

Although the year had already started, Angela had made arrangements to fly Max to Duel Academia in her private jet. The ride took about 3 hours, but it was worth it to Max. He was that much closer to the school where the greats went.

"Well, I guess this is goodbye for now. Goodbye mom. And you, Kyoji, thanks for the great times." Max stepped down, and looked back one more time to wave, before stepping into the distance. About to start his journey, Max said, "By my ancestor Julius Caesar before me, I will be the greatest!"

Last edited by TehPurpleOne on Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Pokefan362

Post  Pokefan362 on Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:43 pm

Gale watched as the helicopters started landing. "Hmmm, I guess I'll take that one!" he decided, walking towards the one that landed in the arena where he fought that Duel Robot.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:34 pm