Arcanite Magician...

SilverX

Arcanite Magician...

Post  SilverX on Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:47 pm

So I was just wondering, since there's plenty of debate of it around my end. When my opponent synchro summons Arcanite Magician, can I still bottomless trap hole it?

All I know is, bottomless trap hole works w/ the monster at time of summon, and arcanite magician's trigger/continuous effect activates as soon as it reaches the field (not to mention that it has priority)

Thanks!

SilverX
    Akiza Izayoi

Re: Arcanite Magician...

Post  Akiza Izayoi on Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:09 pm

No, I don't think you can. This is because you would need to chain Bottomless to the effect of Arcanite GETTING the counters, and you can't do that because he is only 400 ATK at that time.
    SilverX

Post  SilverX on Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:58 pm

well assuming arcanite's summoned during my opponent's turn, doesn't magician get priority over the effect of the counters?
    DemonGodAsura

Post  DemonGodAsura on Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:25 pm

Ah, hello. First one. Ok, you can use Bottomless Trap Hole against Arcanite Magician, but, your opponent is allowed to declare priority, and activate the effect of Arcanite Magician. Your Bottomless will become chain link #2. However, when it resolves, it will destroy and remove Arcanite Magician, but Arcanite will destroy one card because it does not have to remain face-up on the field for its effect to resolve. Have fun! Very Happy

levi15791

Post  levi15791 on Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:43 pm

Well you cannot Bottomless Trap Hole an arcanite magician for this reason:

When the monster is summoned it has 400 attack, so bottomless cannot be chained. Once its effect resolves it will have 2400, and this is after it has been summoned.
    SilverX

Post  SilverX on Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:41 pm

but the turn player's priority makes Arcanite Magician's effect resolve during the summon, which bottomless responds to(NOT chain)
    DemonGodAsura

Post  DemonGodAsura on Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:40 pm

However, Arcanite Magician receives the counters upon being summoned. So as long as the Synchro Summon isn't negated, it will receive the counters and have 2400 ATK. You can use Bottomless Trap Hole on Arcanite Magician. It is similar to Black Rose Dragon. If it is negated, it cannot activate the effect, but as soon as it is summoned, it gains counters and ATK at the same time.

levi15791

Post  levi15791 on Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:58 am

Dude the effect doesnt happen on the summon, it applies after the summon. Its not a continuous effect which applies when it hits the field.
    The effect only activates once it has been successfully synchro summoned.

Taken from Wikia:

"One of Arcanite Magician's other useful features is that he only has 400 ATK as soon as he is Synchro Summoned to the Field. Because his ATK boost is due to his effect, and happens after he is Synchro Summoned, he is immune to Bottomless Trap Hole."

This is all about basic game mechanics, that an ignition effect occurs after the summon.

Take this example. You tribute summon Raiza the Storm Monarch and target their facedown monster. Your opponent responds with Bottomless Trap Hole.

Look at the example and you should see that it is obvious that Bottomless Trap Hole resolves before Raiza's effect resolves.

Taking this into consideration about Arcanite Magician, Its effect wont resolve until after the summon. Not during it, so its attack will be 400 and cannot be bottomlessed
    SilverX

Post  SilverX on Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:58 pm

it's because it's an ignition effect that the turn player gets to call priority for the effect, which means the counters may resolve BEFORE any chains occur after the card is successfully synchro summoned

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 25, 2017 10:22 am