Community Deck 001: Blackwings

Hydronic
    Administrator

Community Deck 001: Blackwings

Post  Hydronic on Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:34 pm

-Overview-
    The first deck i'm starting with is Blackwings (not variants), so lets have a little overview on them:
    The Blackwing, known as Black Feather in the Japanese version, is an Archetype of DARK Winged Beast-Type monsters making their debut in "Crimson Crisis". In the Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's anime, they are used by Crow. Most of these monsters are somewhat humanoid and have either a tengu or bird-like appearance. (Compare to other humanoid Winged-Beasts to a greater or lesser effect) All Blackwing monsters feature black in their design, usually on their wing feathering. Most are named after types of wind and air currents. They are currently a meta deck with swarming and speed capabilities. When Crimson Crisis was released, this Archetype was very unsupported - only 5 cards of Blackwing were released: Gale the Whirlwind (Recently Limited to 1), Sirocco the Dawn, Bora the Spear, Armor Master and "Raptor Wing Strike". Later on, with the release of Raging Battle more members and support cards were added. Source&MoreInfo.

-Blackwing Community Deck V1.0-
    -(Advanced September 2009 Banlists | TCG)-

-Monsters: 19
    1x Dark Armed Dragon
    1x Blackwing - Elphin the Raven
    3x Blackwing - Sirocco the Dawn
    3x Blackwing - Shura the Blue Flame
    3x Blackwing - Bora the Spear
    1x Blackwing - Gale the Whirlwind
    3x Blackwing - Kalut the Moon Shadow
    2x Blackwing - Blizzard the Far North
    2x Blackwing - Mistral the Silver Shield

-Spells: 11
    1x Heavy Storm
    1x Mystical Space Typhoon
    2x My Body As A Shield
    1x Brain Control
    2x Allure of Darkness
    3x Black Whirlwind
    1x Lightning Vortex

-Traps: 10
    1x Solemn Judgement
    1x Mirror Force
    1x Call of the Haunted
    3x Icarus Attack
    2x Bottomless Trap Hole
    1x Deck Devastation Virus
    1x Delta Crow - Anti Reverse

-Extra Deck: 15
    1x Blackwing - Silverwind the Ascendant
    2x Blackwing Armor Master
    2x Blackwing Armed Wing
    2x Ally of Justice - Catastor
    1x Goyo Guardian
    1x Colossal Fighter
    1x Dark End Dragon
    1x Stardust Dragon
    1x Red Dragon Archfiend
    1x Black Rose Dragon
    1x Thought Ruler Archfeind
    1x X-Saber Urbellum

-Side Deck: 15
    1x Deck Devastation Virus
    1x Delta Crow - Anti Reverse
    3x D.D. Crow
    1x The Dark Creator
    1x Morphing Jar
    1x Gorz the Emissary of Darkness
    2x Raptor Wing Strike
    2x Blackwing - Vayu the Emblem of Honor
    1x Giant Trunade
    2x Dark Eruption

Last edited by Hydronic on Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:01 pm; edited 13 times in total
    Pokefan362

Re: Community Deck 001: Blackwings

Post  Pokefan362 on Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:04 pm

The Dark Creator is too situational and in this deck, somewhat hard to summon, so I would like to cut that out. I would also like to take out the Against the Winds, since the Burn Damage is not welcome, and replace them with My Body As a Shields. They can really help protect your Blackwings once you have a full field going, I really like it. As for Traps, I really do not like Dark Bribes. They give your opponent a hand advantage and, while it could save a game, there are better cards for that (like MBaaS). Not really sure if you should though, just stating my opinion. Also, three Icarus Attacks. Believe me, I have tried it with the exact monster lineup, and it is not inconsistent. A chainable, versatile, 1-for-1 destruction card is great and you have the ammo to support it. Going back to the Spells, I think Giant Trunade, Heavy Storm, AND MST maindecked is kinda overkill. I say side Trunade or Typhoon. Also, I am of the opinion that 1 Blackwing - Vayu the Emblem of Honor teched is a good idea, because while there is no easy way to get him from deck/hand to the graveyard. If you manage to sacrifice him for Icarus Attack, great. If that does not work out for you, he's also Allure fodder. While Dark Eruption is worse now that Gale is at one, I still feel that it's worth running one. Between Black Whirlwind and Blackwing - Shura the Blue Flame, it shouldn't be hard to get a Gale or Blizzard dumped into the grave sometime early-midgame. And then there are your Kaluts and Mistrals (Mistrals you usually would not want to Dark Eruption though). Now on to the Side Deck. Raptor Wing Strike I really REALLY hate. It's a -2 overall, which is bad. I do not like Fake Feather either, but since I have never tried it (and I could see its uses) I won't immediately cut it out. Battlestorm can also go, you do not want to be wasting a Normal Summon on something that is not a Blackwing and its effect is situational at best. Gorz is also no good to me. Your Black Whirlwinds and stuff get in the way, and if they bring out a Gyzarus, DAD, or Judgment Dragon, what are the chances you won't have Icarus Attack, Solemn Judgment, or My Body As a Shield? Gorz is great if pulled off, and maybe it's just me, but I never manage to do it! The side-deck could probably use a few Skill Drains, since they hinder most other decks more than Blackwings...despite Shura, Gale, and Blizzard. You may also want to use Lightining Vortexes for use against opposing Blackwings, Lightsworns, and Zombies. It's underrated, what with all the swarm decks these days. Twisters are also pretty cool for opposing, annoying continuous traps like Royal Oppression (actually also handled by My Body as a Shield), Skill Drain, Shadow-Imprisoning Mirror, Gravity Bind, etc. The good thing is it also hits some Spells, which is why it's suggested over Trap Eater: It has a broader use. I'm out of the ideas, but I hope this post is good.
    Hydronic
    Administrator

Post  Hydronic on Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:56 am

The Dark Creator saves you sometimes in the end of the duel, so its removed temporarily until other people agree to its removal. Against the Wind burn damage is not good as you said, but sometimes with Dark Eruption, you can't get Bora back, its removal is also temporarily. My Body As a Shield are a great choice, so they stay. Since we added MBaas, i don't think Dark Bribe should be included (like you said). Icarus Attack could go by 3. Giant Trunade is sided because we do not only have MST or Heavy Storm, we also have Delta Crow. Vayu is an alternative for Mistral, the main idea is to summon him or mistral with Shura's effect, and since its effect will be negated, it can be used for a synchro summon. To be honest, I never mained Raptor Wing Strike, so I don't know if its useful, for the time, it stays. Battlestorm is made for Blackwing and Harpie decks, so we keep one because of the atk boosting effect. Fake Feather is no good. Gorz is hard to summon because i never have a clear s/t field, we'll see what other people say. As for Lightning Vortex, i put 1 in.
    dragomania

wierd build

Post  dragomania on Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:29 am

Alright, this is a new thing. As the name suggests, its something we call "Community Deck". The idea is to discuss one specific deck, and give ideas on how to make it as best as possible. These decks are always modified, means this game never stops .

Heres how i see it

-Monsters: 20
    1x Sangan(Dad is useless unless their is a way to manipulate the darks in grave)
    1x Blackwing - Elphin the Raven
    3x Blackwing - Sirocco the Dawn
    3x Blackwing - Shura the Blue Flame
    3x Blackwing - Bora the Spear
    1x Blackwing - Gale the Whirlwind
    3x Blackwing - Kalut the Moon Shadow
    2x Blackwing - Blizzard the Far North
    2x Blackwing - Vayu the Emblem of honor
    1x Morphing Jar

-Spells: 14

1x Heavy Storm
    1x Mystical Space Typhoon
    1x My Body As A Shield
    1x Brain Control
    2x Allure of Darkness
    3x Black Whirlwind
    1x Lightning Vortex
    2x Swallows Nest
    2x Dark Eruption
    -Traps: 6
    1x Mirror Force
    1x Call of the Haunted
    2x Icarus Attack
    2x Bottomless Trap Hole

-Extra Deck: 15
    2x Blackwing - Lone Silver Wind
    2x Blackwing Armor Master
    3x Blackwing Armed Wing
    2x Ally of Justice - Catastor
    1x Goyo Guardian
    1x Colossal Fighter
    1x Dark End Dragon
    1x Stardust Dragon
    1x Black Rose Dragon
    1x X-Saber Urbellum

-Side Deck: 15
    1x Swallow's Nest
    3x D.D. Crow
    2x Battlestorm
    1x Gorz the Emissary of Darkness
    2x Raptor Wing Strike
    3x Blackwing - Mistral the Silver Shield
    1x Giant Trunade
    1x Dark Eruption
    1x Icarus Attack
    gearfist0

Post  gearfist0 on Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:40 am

Even if does somehow managed to kill a pure Blackwing Deck, i'd think it would be a nice idea to side deck Prime Material Dragon. And given the circumstance, it seems that if you were to do so, i'd think that replacing one of the Black Whirlwinds with Against the Wind would be a nice idea as well. I'm not really sure on BW decks but i think that Dark Creator has a spot to be effective in this kind of deck. (Note: this is referring to the first deck posted Razz)
    Hydronic
    Administrator

Post  Hydronic on Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:48 am

Sangan may be sided, Morphing Jar stays in the side deck. Dad works for me (usually). Deck Devastation Virus is essential. Delta Crow and Solemn too. Silverwind is hard to summon, so if we manage to summon it once, we probably won't have the chance to summon it again. No need to include a third armed wing. Smile
    Pokefan362

Post  Pokefan362 on Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:57 am

Well, it's a good thing you actually use Mistral.

Some Blackwing players think it's bad, but not really. With Gale at one, Mistrals become your extra Blackwings, and they are very searchable.

If you do keep Against the Wind, I would say to dump Dark Eruption altogether...or main 1 of each. I'd say main 1 of each, but with both Solemn and MBaaS, it could hurt, so I am still of the opinion that Against the Wind should be dropped. 1 Dark Eruption is enough, IMO. I'll see what other people think about it.
    Hydronic
    Administrator

Post  Hydronic on Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:06 am

Replace 1 Dark Eruption with Sangan in side? Smile
    Tantara
    Administrator

Post  Tantara on Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:17 am

Sangan stays out of this deck. There's nothing that you really NEED to search out (black whirlwind and dark eruption... duh)

DAD does have grave control through blizzard, and it's a staple in DARK decks nowadays.

Deck Devastation Virus is, I agree, essential in the current meta. (use on LS, they lose honest. Use on Glad, they lose half of their monsters, use on DARK synchro, they lose almost all of their D-Heros as well as Valley and such.)

Dark Eruption should be MAXED with Gale at one. And with Dark Eruption, you can dump the crap mistral all together. I've tested with Eruption at 3 and it's amazing. Want to synchro again? Eruption for gale. Going into battle? Eruption for Kalut. The card's incredible here.

And where the hell is Torrential Tribute and Mind Control? (If your running Dark Eruption, you're running 5 tuners. Why not?)

I strongly suggest Cold Wave or, prefferably, Giant Trunade. It's excellent for the big push that Blackwings make so easily.
    Pokefan362

Post  Pokefan362 on Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:31 am

Dark Eruption really works well for you? Odd, because when I use it, I often get clogged hands, which is why I am sick of it.
    Tantara
    Administrator

Post  Tantara on Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:32 am

It's amazing. With it, you run either 6 Kaluts or 4 Gales. I don't see how it would clog hands since you use both Kalut and Gale so much...
    Pokefan362

Post  Pokefan362 on Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:13 pm

I meant clogged hands as in clogged opening hands. Plus I have a tendency to fight Zombie and Macro decks with their Monster Removal and all...

I do agree that they generally work well late-game, but they simply have not been working for me. I think 2 is the maximum that should be run in any deck.
    dragomania

Post  dragomania on Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:09 pm

I feel solemn is now a late game card and blizzard as grave control is not enough Dads summoning happens to be to situat6ional farao
    dragomania

Post  dragomania on Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:25 pm

Sangan stays out of this deck. There's nothing that you really NEED to search out (black whirlwind and dark eruption... duh)

DAD does have grave control through blizzard, and it's a staple in DARK decks nowadays.

Deck Devastation Virus is, I agree, essential in the current meta. (use on LS, they lose honest. Use on Glad, they lose half of their monsters, use on DARK synchro, they lose almost all of their D-Heros as well as Valley and such.)

Dark Eruption should be MAXED with Gale at one. And with Dark Eruption, you can dump the crap mistral all together. I've tested with Eruption at 3 and it's amazing. Want to synchro again? Eruption for gale. Going into battle? Eruption for Kalut. The card's incredible here.

And where the hell is Torrential Tribute and Mind Control? (If your running Dark Eruption, you're running 5 tuners. Why not?)

I strongly suggest Cold Wave or, prefferably, Giant Trunade. It's excellent for the big push that Blackwings make so easily.

Tantara what are u thinkin giant trunade and cold wave are not needed. Torrential is a Blackwings worst nightmare
    mind control i think could help DAD is as i said too situational and deck devestation virus is always a dead draw for me
    Pokefan362

Post  Pokefan362 on Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:46 pm

Yeah, DAD's summoning is situational. But it's just too good! It's hard to drop it.
    Tantara
    Administrator

Post  Tantara on Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:53 pm

dragomania wrote:Sangan stays out of this deck. There's nothing that you really NEED to search out (black whirlwind and dark eruption... duh)

Tantara what are u thinkin giant trunade and cold wave are not needed. Torrential is a Blackwings worst nightmare
    mind control i think could help DAD is as i said too situational and deck devestation virus is always a dead draw for me

Trunade and Cold Wave are incredible. Think of why both are limited, they allow amazing late game pushes and can draw out potential defense cards such as Solemn. Torrential is a staple that was run in all of the major Blacking Decks of old. Explain to my why you don't think it should be ommited. Torrential is incredible defense that, in many ways, is better than mirror force. Even in this deck. DAD has Blizzard for grave control and is too good to be unincluded. Deck Devastation Virus is devastating this format, though only 1 is needed.
    Pokefan362

Post  Pokefan362 on Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:12 pm

...*shudders* DDV and King Tiger Wanghu are a Morphtronic deck's worst enemy! Anyways, Giant Trunade and Cold Wave ARE good for lategame pushes, but using both is just overkill. I really do think it is. Side one or the other (preferably Cold Wave). Torrential Tribute is a staple on every deck, but because of their mass swarming capabilities, I feel that Blackwings is one of the decks it fits worst on (though it is still good) so add it if you have the room.
    Tantara
    Administrator

Post  Tantara on Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:59 am

Usually, you'll chain torrential to something big your opponent has. Say, maybe, a Judgment Dragon? Usually, you'll use it when your opponent has something more powerful being summoned.
    dragomania

Post  dragomania on Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:11 am

thats what bottomless is for. torrential will wipe ur whole setup duh! farao
    Hydronic
    Administrator

Post  Hydronic on Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:51 am

Cold Wave kills Black Whirlwind and Dark Eruption. 2 Bottomless = Torrential Tribute. Smile
    Pokefan362

Post  Pokefan362 on Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:15 am

I kinda agree with Tantara. Torrential Tribute is definitely a good card, but I also feel that as long as we have two Bottomless, we don't need it unless we have the extra space.
    Tantara
    Administrator

Post  Tantara on Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:08 am

Ok, forget cold wave. Giant Trunade is just a temporary spell/trap clearer. Some people run Trap Stun. I run Trunade.

Torrential is the third bottomless. I actually think it's more important than Mirror Force.
    Pokefan362

Post  Pokefan362 on Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:47 am

It's really a preference thing.
    Pokefan362

Post  Pokefan362 on Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:15 pm

I'll try a variation of this deck (completely different side deck, mainly) and it technically isn't netdecking since I contributed quite a bit to it myself.
    Blackwingggys
    Administrator

Post  Blackwingggys on Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:38 pm

the best way i think is to put in torrental but no cold wave it will hurt more than help

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 25, 2017 10:08 am